Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Rylee's 9 Month Photo Shoot

Oh. My. Stars.  Lay on my back?  Forget about it! The pictures with the mouse in the chair turned out okay (relatively speaking), but getting her picture on the floor was a joke.  It probably didn't help that it was 9:30. I tried doing a photo shoot right when she got up this morning, but had some technical difficulties with the camera.  The next chance I got was 9:30 after her bath and right before I put her to bed.

This one would have been okay if I'd just had her centered better. 

Laying down wasn't working out, so I decided I could live with sitting up. But that didn't go too well, either.











When she gets mad she does this.  Not all the time, but it's really funny and cute. 
 





Note the mouth is wide open.



One last ditch effort.  It was the best one I could get. 


Conveniently, Rylee had her 9 month well-child appointment today.  What was even more "convenient" was that just this morning I noticed a rash.  I say convenient because with our insurance we don't have to pay a co-pay for well child visits, so I got to see the doctor about her rash and not pay a co-pay.  It's the little blessings I tell ya.  Anyway, we kind of noticed yesterday that she wasn't quite her usual self.  Mainly she didn't want to eat much.  Not fussy or anything, just not as hungry.  We figured it was teething.  And before I put her to bed she had a fever of 100.6 which I also contributed to teething and gave her some tylenol.  She hasn't had any fever since then.  Initially, when I told her doctor about the fever last night, he said the rash was just from the fever; that it was very common to get a rash after a fever.  But then he checked her throat and made the comment that she might not want to eat as much because she had sores on the back of her throat.  Poor baby. : (  Totally explained why she didn't want to eat as much yesterday.  Today was slightly better.  So...she has Hand Foot and Mouth Disease.  Rash is also common with HFMD. There's no medication for HFMD; it just has to run it's course.  Unfortunately, it is contagious, although thankfully not the rash itself; "just" from her saliva.  So as long as I can keep her from drooling all over the toys the other kids are playing with I think we'll be good.  It's kind of funny to see the other little kids skirt around her since we told them not to go near the baby. Funny and sad.  They say most adults have antibodies for it, but we just need to keep her away from the little kids and hopefully we won't get it.  Enough about the HFMD.  

Here are her stats: 
Weight: 18 lbs 13 oz. (62%)
Height:  29.2 inches (95%)
Head:  46 cm (95%)

~She now has 2 teeth (bottom) and her doctor said that he can see her top 4 just under the skin. 
~Still sleeping through the night (although going to bed slightly later since we've been spending a lot of time at my Mom's with family in town...usually about 9:30ish-9:00ish the next morning).
~Crawling like crazy, pulling up on everything, and letting go on her own occasionally, but only when her tummy is leaning against something like the ottoman.  
~Still having 3 bottles and 3 meals a day.  Two naps ideally.
~Eating lots of baby food.  We've added puffs to her meals, too.  She loves them and is getting really good as chewing. 
~Diaper changing is still a nightmare with all her twisting. 
~Says "Hey" and "Hi" sometimes, probably because how much we say it to her
~Likes to wave, but mostly to my dad.  It's really cute and maybe someday I'll get it on camera
~ Likes to open her mouth WIDE open.  It's so funny.  I think it's because whenever we see her we smile really big with our mouths open and that's her way of greeting us.

Two bottom teeth:




I tried to get some pictures of her rash, but they're kind of blurry.




2 comments:

The Old Buffington's said...

Poor baby!!! Hope she feels better soon. Some times I look at her and she looks so much like daddy and other times I look at her and she looks just like mommy. Sure enjoyed seeing her Sunday, so sad that she doesn't know us and she doesn't like to come to us... =( So sad!

Beth said...

Love all that hair! I like that her 9 month pictures capture her personality and the development stages she's going through! :) That picture right after the first video--she gets that expression on her face from you!! Thought she looked so much like you! I agree that was a blessing that if she was going to come down with something, it was in time for the free appointment~! ;) Hope she gets over it quickly, and good luck with the contagious drool ;) Love the pictures of her on the couch with the mouse, and seeing her crawl and pull up. Emmie does the exact same scrunch nose/blow air when she's annoyed too, so funny! :)