Happy 4th of July! This morning we went to the ward pancake breakfast. There were yummy pancakes and fun activities. And I'm not just saying that because I won the musical chairs game. ; ) They had three different rounds...younger primary, older primary, and YM/YW/Adults. They also had face painting, guess how many MM's, bubble gum blowing contest, and a hula hoop contest. At least I think they did...it was somewhat chaotic and there were a lot of people and several hula hoops, but I'm not sure if a contest ever actually happened or not. There was supposed to be a bike parade again like there was last year. There was a lot of bike riding, but it was raining off and on and a "formal" parade never actually happened.
Here are some pictures I stole from my Aunt Thelma's facebook page:
Face painting...
All the primary boys were running around with beards and mustaches. It was both humorous and odd. lol
Kate..she had fireworks painted on her cheeks.
Guess how many M&Ms. There were two jars. Nate won one and Geri won the other. Funny.
Bubble gum blowing contest. Malory won, but Melissa gave her a run for her money.
Hula hoop contest
Musical chairs
Younger primary
Senior primary
Kate won!
YM/YW/Adults
Yay! In all honesty, Justin probably should have won, but he gave in first.
The "bike parade" afterwards. It was raining off and on so a "formal" parade never happened. This is a video of Rylee in her jeep that my dad brought up to the church for her. We need to get her a helmet. Soon. She had a BLAST. She is at least strapped in. I was WAY more worried about all the little kids on bikes.
Dad gave the jeep a new paint job for the occasion.
Her response to the rain that just started coming down.
Just a random picture of Rylee that Thelma took:
Afterwards I took the kids to Mom & Dad's since Jonathan worked last night and works again tonight and really needs some quiet sleep.
My attempt to get a cute picture of the two of them together. Corben is almost as big as Rylee. Sheesh
Annnnddd she's done.
See ya! lol Poor Corben
Corben made a much better model by himself.
Definitely not as happy to be pictured as Corben
I tried to get some pictures of us in our patriotic garb, but this was the best we could get...we gave Rylee the phone so she'd stop whining (see above picture). This picture just makes me laugh.
I did not see a single firework, but if my kids sleep through all the noise it will be a miracle. In all my years of living in this neighborhood, I cannot remember them ever being this loud. It literally sounds like they are in our backyard.























1 comment:
So fun, Crystal!! Great post.
Post a Comment