Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Petting Zoo

I really love that I've discovered the library for Rylee.  And she loves it.  The other day we stopped by there really quick so I could return some books.  I left Rylee with Jonathan and Corben in the car and she was NOT happy about being left behind.  She definitely recognizes the library when we get there and usually will say, "play!" and do the sign.  

They had Sam's Path Petting Zoo today.  I was thinking it would be farm animals, but was pleasantly surprised when the first animal they pulled out was a kangaroo!  Other animals included:  1 bearded dragon, 3 hedgehogs, a tortoise, a Finish rabbit, a porcupine, a ring tailed lemur, a red lemur, and a black & white ruffed lemur.  It was pretty cool.  The lady started out by telling a little bit about each one and then everyone could go around the line and pet them (all except the porcupine ; ).  They asked for parent volunteers to help with the petting part and Jonathan volunteered.  He "got to" hold the bearded dragon the whole time.  The lady saying he had bit the last guy who held him at an event didn't make him feel better. lol  I think he had been hoping to help with the kangaroo or something.  I think Rylee enjoyed it, but she was more than ready to run to the puzzles and games after it was over.  The zoo was at 3:30 in the afternoon and I had to wake Rylee up early from her nap, but I think it was worth it.  




(He did this face as a joke, but I think it is actually how he was feeling! lol)  








Hedgehogs..they kind of blend in

I waited to be last in line so that Jonathan could go with us to see the other animals. 











2 comments:

Lisa said...

So cool!

Beth said...

That's super cool!! I love that she is loving the library. We haven't been back since I posted about it before. I should start doing those again, thanks for the reminder :)