Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Rylee at 21 Months

Rylee is getting to be such a big girl!  She understands so much and says new stuff every day.  She repeats a lot of new things we say and I can just see her taking it in and learning fast.  It's awesome. : )  So here is what she's been up to...

She loves the Price is Right.  When it's time to watch it, I'll tell her it's about to come on and she gets excited and says "Price is Right!" (in her little jibber jabber way).  We may have to stop watching it soon, though, because I think it's a contributing factor in her random screaming.  Just short spurts, but it's so stressful to me when Corben is trying to sleep and she keeps waking him up.

Has discovered "jumping" and will randomly start to "jump."


New favorite word is "Mess!"  Changing a dirty diaper? "mess!"  Wiping up her tray?  "mess mess"  Wiping Corben's slobber off her fingers?  "mess"  Crumbs on the floor?  "mess"  It's really quite cute.  The other night we were going to our bathroom to give her a bath and she saw Jonathan's shorts on the floor.  She picked them up to bring them to me saying "mess!"  lol  Cracked me up.  So true, Rylee! ; )

She no longer gets a bottle.  I stopped giving her a bottle right after her 20 month post.  For a few nights I gave her milk in a sippy cup for naps and bedtime, but then I just stopped doing that, too, and I have been pleasantly surprised that she doesn't seem to care.  Now at bed time she gets a TINY sip of water from her cup by the fridge, we brush her teeth, wave/blow a kiss/say a quick good bye to all her toys, Corben, Daddy...whoever/whatever is around, and go to bed.  I turn on her music, hold her for a minute (like less than one song), and put her down.  

Although most of what she drinks is from her sippy cup, she does a pretty good job of drinking from a small regular cup by herself.  

Loves to sing/do the motions for "I'm so Glad When Daddy Comes Home" and "Popcorn Popping."  
(she usually does a better job than his, but I have tried a gazillion times to get her to do it for the camera and this is the best I could get for both videos)


She likes to carry around her babies, stuffed animals, or whatever and do a real pouty, soothing sound and say "poor baby."  Whenever she would whine about something, we'd jokingly pat her back and do a fake cry and say "poor baby." So now she does that to all her toys.  It's pretty funny.

Her 4th bottom middle tooth FINALLY came in this month.  Talk about a little late.  lol    

I have a feeling she's going to be a high heels kind of girl because she loves walking around with her feet in her toy rings (and she does a pretty good job, too).



She likes to pretend to be asleep.  She mostly closes her eyes, lays her head to the side and starts breathing very deeply. 


Random picture of her after dinner when she was messing with her hair too much


Still sleeps 11-12 hours at night and usually wakes up pretty pleasantly in the morning.  

Most nights we read a scripture story from the church readers.  As soon as we're done, she jumps off the couch and says "pare" (prayer).  She sits down, folds her arms, and as soon as we start praying she's usually off.  Sometimes she helps one of her dolls fold her arms and then she'll stick around a little longer.  

Still loves nursery.  This past Sunday I went and got her and I had her sit in a chair in the foyer while we waited for Jonathan and she climbed off the chair and went running back to the nursery (that was on the other side of the building). 

Still likes to eat her vegetables and especially fruits.  She even likes eating plain tomatoes.  Grapes are probably her favorite fruit.  

She's gotten really good at her puzzles and stacking toys.  She gets them pretty high...and of course LOVES to knock them over. 

Since she loves riding on the golf cart with Grandpa so much we've been saying we should get her a toy golf car and finally did.  It's a pull back toy that she hasn't quite learned how to use correctly, but me and Jonathan have had a lot of fun playing with it. 

I took these pictures today of her and her golf cart:







2 comments:

The Old Buffington's said...

The first picture of her in her high chair after playing with her hair.... She looks so much like Lilly!!!!!! =)

The Old Buffington's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.