We have a little beaver. Her once-lovely crib has a rail chewed to bits by her little teeth. It's very sad. I should have made some teething guards LONG ago, but of course I didn't. Today I tackled the project. I didn't want to do ribbons, so I decided to do snaps instead.
Some tutorials used quilting batting on the inside, some used three layers of jersey fabric. The easiest one was just to use a towel. And cheapest since I already had a bunch of towels. All the tutorials also used ribbon to fasten the guard to the rail. I didn't want to do ribbons and decided to do snaps instead. The guard itself looks pretty awful because I take so many short cuts when I'm sewing and it shows. But it gets the job done. Mom already had the fabric and she actually bought me the snaps, so this project cost me $0. Thanks, Mom!
Unfortunately, the snaps didn't really work and she pulled it right off.
So...not only does it have ribbon now, but ghetto ribbon since they aren't fastened to the guard. Oh well. She hasn't chewed on the other rails, yet, so I'm not as motivated to make the guards for them. However, I'm afraid that since she can't chew on this rail anymore that she'll move on to a naked rail.
2 comments:
Hahahaha.... I told you that was coming!!! And it doesn't look so bad!! =)
That is so funny, that is the exact same rail of the exact same crib that Emmie has started chewing on :) I've been debating to make rail coverings myself, but haven't noticed any teeth marks yet. This post has convinced me to hop to it! I saw a pin on pinterest the other day, though your ghetto ties are actually pretty cute :)
Post a Comment