Friday, September 7, 2012

R-Y-L-E-E

In March my niece Kate made me a lovely picture for my birthday.  I loved it and immediately wanted to frame it and hang it in Rylee's room with the letters of her name above it.  So Jonathan and I bought the letters and the craft paper to glue to the letters.  That was in March.  they sat in a bag in various places for months before I FINALLY got around to painting the letters and putting the paper on them at the end of July/August.  They sat on my table for a couple of weeks waiting to be hung.  I've been investigating the best way to hang them since I didn't want to put that many holes in my wall, not to mention having to line/space them up on the wall.  By chance, my sister-in-law showed me how they had hung the letters for one of their kids.  I loved it.  And on Monday I finally went and bought the ribbon and we hung the letters on the wall.  Today (Friday), I put the bows up to cover the nails and officially call it DONE!!!  And I love it...although I do wish the letters had a little more contrast so you could see them better.  You can see them okay, but especially in the pictures they kind of blend in with the wall : )  One more project done. *check*





With just the lamp on rather than the fluorescent. 








3 comments:

The Old Buffington's said...

That is really cute.... Your so talented!!!

Latisha said...

Very cute! Now you just have to paint the wall a different color and you'll have your contrast! :)

Jenna said...

Very nice!!