Friday, August 31, 2012

Rylee's 10 Month Photo Shoot

Rylee was kind of a pill when she woke up this morning (combination of a terrible diaper rash - her first one to last more than a single diaper change- and teething), so I didn't even attempt a photo shoot until after her morning nap and before lunch.  

We tried a new method today where Jonathan distracted Rylee while I snuck the "10 Months" sign next to her.  Worked like a charm!  She never knew it was there.





The chair didn't go quite as smoothly.




Look!  Here's that sign they usually have during these photo shoots!



And then I took a TON of videos (30 to be exact...I "only" uploaded 11 of them).  I was trying to capture some of Rylee's tricks, but she wouldn't have any of it.  Her big thing is clapping.  She claps all the time and often when we say "Yay!" and clap ourselves.  Of course she wouldn't cooperate for the camera.  But that's just to explain why we are doing that so much in the videos...trying to catch her clapping on video.  Never happened.  She did clap some...just not while I had the camera on.




Finally!  A trick she can do caught on camera!

I love the little shiver she gets at the end of this one.

Not so much a trick as a skill she's acquired this month...the pincer grasp.  She LOVES puffs.  (And with good reason...they're pretty tasty. ; )

The activity center was for ages -5 months.  I've kept it around and I'm glad I did since it's great to help her learning how to walk. One of these days I'll move it to the hard floors so she has more room.


The VERY last video I took and at the end she finally said at least something she can say.  She says "Yay" sometimes, too.

What Rylee is up to at 10 Months:
~Still sleeps 11-12 hours at night. *knock on wood*
~We've started putting her stuffed mouse (from the chair pictures) with her in the crib when she naps.  I'm trying to establish a comfort toy
~Claps all the time
~Says "Dada" although I'm not sure she connects it with Jonathan.  He likes to think so. ; )  Who knows; maybe she does.
~Sometimes says "Yay"
~LOVES playing peakaboo when she's the one hiding under the burp cloth
~Eats stage 3 baby foods sometimes and has tried lots of "our" food.  I think her favorite was the oreo pudding dessert I made.
~Learned to drink from something besides a bottle.  Emily recommended this kind of sippy cup and Rylee learned to drink from it in less than a week.  They sell them with handles, too, and I wish I had gotten that one instead, but it cost as much for one of those as two of the others.  So...I'll probably be buying the one with handles soon.  We put way watered down apple juice in it which she really likes.  
~Walks pretty well while holding on to the activity center, chairs, etc.
~Loves riding in her stroller on our walks.  
~Loves being outside period.  In fact, whenever one of us leaves she'll often gets kind of mad.  We like to think it's because we're leaving, but really it's just because we're going outside and not taking her with us.
~Loves music and often gets bouncing if it's a catchy tune.




2 comments:

The Old Buffington's said...

It is so great to be able to capture all her growth and activities on video... Would have been nice if they had something like this when all of our kids were growing up... What they had was big bulky not easy to use and was a big ordeal to set up!! Rylee is changing so much every week!!! =)

Rob VanVliet said...

oooh my goodness, she is really growing up! You can see how much her hair has grown, even just in the past month. Rob was looking at your blog the other day and loved how you lined up Rylee's monthly pictures on the side :) Guess we'll start that with our next one-ha! :) I was super impressed with her "give me a five" trick and that she's walking!! Way to go Rylee! Em is just figuring out how to move from place to place while standing, but it's slow, awkward, and filled with falls (though they are less frequent now). My draw dropped to see Rylee walk across the floor, really cool :) Can't wait to see her clap!

I had Emmie in my lap when I opened up the page, and she studied Rylee's picture from Gatlenburg for a bit, then looked at me, looked at the picture, and broke into this huge grin and started LAUGHING. Our child hardly ever laughs, except when tickled, so I thought that was pretty cool! She was super attentive for the videos too with her "excited eyes" (eyebrows raised, eyes perked with interest). See, I knew they'd be friends ;)