Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Floor Cushion

I'm a sucker for Pinterest....in case anyone hasn't guessed, yet.  Last week I decided to make a floor cushion for Rylee.   The pin that I first saw was not the person who made the tutorial, but she linked to the tutorial.  In the original pin I saw, the cushion did not have a handle, but the tutorial had a handle.  I initially decided to make it simple and forego the handle.  However, I hated to waste the left over piping and fabric, so I changed my mind and made the handle.  It turned out horrible due to the fabric/piping just being too bulky for the sewing machine, so I just left it off.  I think it turned out well, although it probably could have used a little more stuffing.  I suppose I could always open and seam and add more.  If I'm ever feeling that ambition. ; )   

The finished product

Handle fail.

Testing it out


She approves! : )


2 comments:

Beth said...

I love this!!! I love the fabric you picked out and that Rylee is just right for it. What's the link to this one? I might do it too.

Emily said...

Very cute! Even without the handle, it was an ambitious project. And it's lovely!