Fruits:
1 pineapple
6 bananas
7 apples
2 grapefruits
4 tomatoes
5 kiwis
6 pears
Vegetables:
3 zucchini squash
3 heads of broccoli
2 heads or romaine lettuce
4 cucumbers
9 potatoes
I'd like to go to Walmart and price this to see how much (if any) I actually saved, but I feel like I saved a lot. It's kind of a gamble because you don't know what exactly you're going to get, but I look forward to incorporating this into my meals and trying some things I might not normally buy. It's all stuff I like, but just not stuff I'd jut buy at the store when I was there. If you live near a Bountiful Basket (and if you're in Utah, you're close to one), you should definitely try it out! You go to the website on Monday or Tuesday if you want to pick up the basket on Saturday. There's no commitment; you pay the weeks you want one. This will last us 2 or 3 weeks at least, so I like that you don't have to buy one every week in order to participate. you can also get an all organic box if you'd like for $35. And if you have a bunch of kids and want more then you can get two baskets or however many you want. Now to figure out where to put it all....I'm gonna need a bigger fruit basket! : )
3 comments:
So if you do go to the store and price everything... let me know what the cost is... I am interested!!! I do feel like I am saving a lot of money though!!!
oh Wow! That's so awesome! You got some really good stuff. A lot of times people get things they've never heard of (like chard or fennel). I tried getting one two weeks ago up here, and the entire county was full! I guess it's really popular up here. We buy all those except the pears, kiwis & potatoes and I'm pretty sure pay much higher! Looks like you guys will be eating a lot of healthy salads :) I like to roll up a cheesestick in a romaine lettuce leaf for a snack and crunch away. Very tasty :) Good find!!
Seems like a good deal to me - as long as you use it all. Looks delicious, and it's a cool idea!
Post a Comment