Saturday, May 26, 2012

A New View

When I'm making supper, Rylee is often playing in the floor with her toys (unless she's in her highchair).  Because of how the couch was situated, I couldn't see her from the kitchen.  Yesterday I was vacuuming and that somehow turned into moving furniture.  

Much better!

Kind of how it was...unfortunately I don't have a before picture from the kitchen, but you can at least see where the couch was.


She's a fan! 

I just love her eyes.

And her little bow combo today. 

Our Bountiful Basket today... cantaloupe, bananas, roma tomatoes, lemons, strawberries, yellow squash, broccoli, potatoes, kale, and some kind of lettuce.  I need to ask my mom.  There were more strawberries in the bag, but I had already started eating them.  I'm actually really excited about the kale because I keep hearing about people making kale chips, but I'd never actually buy it at the store, so now I get to try it!  And I think we're going to make Chick Fil A lemonade with the lemons (just half the recipe).  YUM!  

5 comments:

The Old Buffington's said...

They are called green leaf lettuce. =)
Chick Fil A lemonade sounds good....I will have to give that a try!!!
I also heard some of the ladies talking about a soup at Olive Garden that has kale in it that is suppose to be really good. They say the recipe is online... =)

The Old Buffington's said...

Here it is... it's called Zuppa Toscana.....

http://www.tuscanrecipes.com/recipes/olive-garden-zuppa-toscana.html

The Old Buffington's said...

I tried the lemonade and YUMMY!!!!! Thanks for the idea!!!! =)

Rob VanVliet said...

I think Rylee has got to be one of the most beautiful babies I have ever seen! I love her eyes too :) I am so excited for the stage when Emmie is rolling all over, because now I know to get one of those big gates :) Love what you got in your basket, and that's so funny because I just bought kale this week and was debating to make soup from it, or try the kale chips! And just last week, I wondered out loud to Rob if there was a Chick-fil-a lemonade recipe online because they have the BEST lemonade! Haha, so funny how in sink we are :) Enjoy the produce!

Melly Buttermilk said...

I just have to tell you that kale is WONDERFUL. Kinda like spinach except less of a blood/iron-y taste. I love it in omelettes.