Sunday, May 13, 2012

My First "Official" Mother's Day

Jonathan made a scavenger hunt.  Oh how I love some thought out fun!  He began by sending me a text that said: "A game I have for you to play, on this your very first mother's day..  Just follow the clues and you'll be okay, time is short so what do you say?!"

And then he handed me a note that said:  "To start things off we must start right; else we'll be lost as a kite.  Our first clue lies where games are found, where the fruit of our loins plays on the ground."

So I found this next note in the video cabinet in the living room:  "On every hour with musical chirps, a note you will find as curiosity perks".  (At this point I was confused because the bird clock is at my parent's house, so he told me I had to go up there for the next clue).

On the clock (which is WAY high so I had to climb on top of things to get to it) I found a piece of paper folded like a swan.  It was a Groupon print off for a pedicure!!  I am beyond excited.  And was only slightly disappointed that it was such a short scavenger hunt, so I went home.  When I got there, Jonathan was like, "did you find the next clue?"  I told him I just found the swan and he said there was a note with it, so I headed back up to my parent's house where I found the note behind the clock.  (Why my mother did not tell me there were more clues when I was up there the first time is beyond me. lol)

This note said:  "It's hot outside, it's summer to stay, your next clue you'll find where water is for play."    I found it outside by the pool on my parent's patio and it was taped to a very nice Mother's Day card for me.

This clue said:  "Onto colder climates is next on the list, next to dairy and veggies with a gentle mist."  That was obviously the fridge where I found some pretty flowers!

With the flowers was a note that said:  "We come to the end of this funny game.  I hope you didn't find it too, too lame.  Now it's time for me to boast...It's Mother's Day!  And here's your toast!"

I definitely did NOT think it was lame!  It was a great Mother's Day scavenger hunt! : )


The card on the left is from my mom; it had $5 in it.  The card on the right is from Jonathan.  I'll spare you the mushiness on the inside of both. ; )



Too late I realized I should have taken a picture with Rylee to post on here.  Oh well.  Maybe tomorrow I'll take a picture with her and add it on here a day late. : )

4 comments:

Beth said...

Crystal, that is beyond awesome!! Way to go Jonathan! What a Casanova :) Love the gift, flowers, and cute rhyming scavenger hunt. What an awesome surprise! :)

The Old Buffington's said...

I love it..... Great job Jonathan!!!!

mary had a... said...

yes, great job to your hubby!! glad you felt the mother's day love, you deserve it!!! ;)

Emily said...

Kuddos to Jonathon - very nice gift and thought behind it!